There was such a far away love story (1)

>> There was such a far away love story - An introduction

First moment

I saw a man seemed to be lonely was standing behind his booth. Brown skin, gentle face... And the story begins...

It was one of unforgotten days in my life. A day causes a beautiful love. A day that I - a girl with heart had been frozen for long time because of separating from first love - could live in sweet love from minute I met him...

September 30th, 2010...

Sixth International Tourism Exhibition 2010 (ITE 2010) that was held the first time in Vietnam took place in Saigon Exhibition & Convention center (SECC), District 7, Ho Chi Minh City. At that time I worked at a travel agent in District 1. I had known and followed this exhibition for long time so that I came there in the morning as a visitor to update tourist information, exchange business card and build new relationships with partners or customers.

I joined the exhibition with a trainee girl from my travel agent. When we came there, many people were watching opening ceremony outside the hall. It was monumental with guests from countries in the world and full of lion dance, flower, music, etc. As a visitor, we had to wait until 10:30 to get inside with visitor cards.

While the trainee girl was excited and running around to collect brochures and leaflets from booths, I was also excited and going around to take photos. The exhibition attracted many countries in South East Asia because the subject of exhibition was 'Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia - Three countries, one destination'. Many booths were well decorated and there were also beautiful girls from countries in traditional dresses. Those made visitors feel interested in joining.

After had gone round in a circle, I glanced the last booth that contained three small one from three travel agents representative for Cambodia Tourism Association. I took away corner to take photos. One shot... Two shots... And then I paid attention to him. The man with his gentle face and brown skin might see me taking photos, and his booth might be quiet, so he standed still in front of my camera. I smiled quietly and thought 'How cute the guy is!'.

It was 11:22 a.m (I knew this when I looked at the photo and suddenly wanted to remember that time).

I reached the booth and took a brochure from a hotel in Cambodia. The brown-skin man saw me looking at the brochure (actually I was reading some information about the hotel - might be 4 star - and I was curious about it). This might take long time so he gave me a business card. I smiled to him, received it and returned my card. 'He's so cute, and gentle too.' - I thought, and wanted to talk to him.

I asked him the question that I had asked many people I had met in the other booths: 'If I need the quotations, will I send request to this email?' - asking and showing I to email address on the card. Actually my agent had partners in Cambodia, but I still asked him that question just to have subject for talking. To be honest, I was not self-confident, but whenever I met someone who seemed to be weaker such as someone with gentle face, or timid, or needed help, etc, I was bolder and stronger.

The brown-skin man explained to me that the business card was of his boss, and fast, he got it back and wrote down something on it, then returned to me: 'This is my skype address'. I looked at words he had written. His writing was solf, large, and round. When I reconfirm words, he spelled each word by fast voice, and then ended - 'My name's K.'.

At that time, the trainee girl came, I said goodbye him to go back. There was happy feeling in my heart.

I guessed because of my poor English, he didn't understand my question and didn't give me his business card. In stead of that, he gave me his skype address. However, I had to thank this misunderstanding because I had his skype account - the only clue to contact him and cause our story.

There was no my yahoo or skype address on my business card. Beside that, K. would meet many people and receive many cards so that I was worried he wouldn't remember who I was. Therefore, after joining exhibition, I was hurry to add his skype address. I 'd like to make friend with foreigners to explore and study interesting and new things all over the world.

When you add a skype address, there will be some information about city, country where the person you want to add his skype address is living to reconfirm. What I saw was Yangon. I wonder that I wrongly typed his skype address because his agent was in Cambodia. Moreover, I thought he was Khmer. In my thought at that time most Khmer had... same brown skin. Therefore, I rechecked what I had typed on. The result was the same. There was only that skype account with that information. It meant he didn't give me wrong account, and I didn't wrongly type one.

I decided to leave the message.

'Hello, I'm An from S. Travel, the person whom you met in ITE 2010'.

When I was back to my room in the evening, I posted some photos that I had took in the morning to Facebook. I looked at the only photo that he was standing behind his booth. It was the last photo that I had took in the exhibition too. In the photo, he was standing alone and had a gentle smile on his face. 'But he looked lonely' - thought I.

More and more looking his photo, I found that he looked familiar to me as if I had met him somewhere. So familiar! I thought I had to contact to him. I relooked his face with a dreamy heart...

And I waited. It was Thursday...

(To be continued) 

Read my full love story in Vietnamese - Click HERE.

Comments